Sunday, April 23, 2006

04/22/06 - Cars

I'm back from a long roadtrip and I need to let the world know where technology has failed us.

Imagine, the year is 1982, you need to travel from NYC to Boston. You probably drive about 70-75 mph and make it in 3-3.5 hours.

Now imagine the present, 2006. You need to get from NYC to Boston. You probably drive about 70-75 mph and make it in 3-3.5 hours.

How is it that this techonology has not gotten any better? It still takes just as long to travel as it did 20 years ago. I will concede the point however that it is much more comfortable. However, that is of little encouragement. Where's my Jetson's cars? Where's my Star Trek transport beam? Wheres my modern car and highway systemt that I can handle safely at 150 mph?

Car manufacturers keep putting more and more crap we don't need in out cars. Well, how about this, you guys leave out my mutlifunctional dvd player and instead make a car that I can legally drive 200 mph.

ANd for those cars driving at or below the speed limit on the highway (actually, this is probably a topic for a separate hate): I hate you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html