Thursday, May 11, 2006

5/11/06 - TV Judges


I finally get to sleep in for a day. When I woke up, I turned on the TV and what is on like half the channels - court cases.

I guess this phenomenon is pretty old and goes back to the time of the original's People's Court, but by now the genre has gotten out of hand. Was that really Larry Elder hosting moral court? Didn't he used to be like the top black conservative radio host in the country? Whats going on here? And is there really a show called divorce court? Because I think divorce is a little more complicated than you can work out in a 23 minute segment.

The only redeeming aspect of these shows is the "post-trial" interview. Normal comments sound like, "Oh yeah, that b*tch got what she deserved" or "I'm glad I got the judgment but I still love him."

I hate these shows for reasons I am having trouble articulating, so I apologize. The whole exercise seems ridiculous. Sometimes I just hate and I don't fully understand why. This must be one of those times.

Judge Judy,Judge Maybellene, Juge Mathis, Judge Alex, and all you other TV judges: I hate you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marcie said...

I like Judge Marilyn Milian.

11:07 AM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

It is a bit ridiculous. I guess they figure most people are at work so they can just put on TV soaps and crap like this. You should hate daytime TV period.
Cuz I do.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

I know I'm not supposed to talk about it (they didn't say anything about blogging!!) but I'm sitting on a jury right now. I'm totally 'gay' for my judge; she's hella cool.

More later: I promise!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html