5/15/06 - Celeb of the Week: James Lipton
I can rarely turn on Bravo without seeing James Lipton's smug face on the screen. This guy is the worst. And his use of dramatic pauses is absurd. What makes him an expert on film? Here's his experience:
1. Head Writer, Another World (Soap Opera)
2. Head Writer, Guiding Light (Soap Opera)
3. Head Writer, Capitol (Sopa Opera)
4. Lyricst, Sherry! (Broadway Musical)
Well, I guess if writing 3 crappae soap operas and a musical I have never heard of maked you an expert on film, mission accomplished James Lipton.
Additionally he ends each show with a series of ten questions. Please note that he did not create these questions but rather stole them from Bernard Pivot. Here they are, along with the Daily Hater's answers:
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
call me old fashion but I love the word f*ck
6. What sound or noise do you love?
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
lead guitarist of Styx
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
You did your best and left nothing on the table
Sorry for the self-indulgence.
James Lipton: I hate you.