Tuesday, May 16, 2006

5/17/06 Line Dancing


Have you been to a formal event recently? Perhaps a wedding? If you have, then you have invariably heard one of my least favorite songs, "The Electric Slide". I also hold equal disdain for "The Funky Chicken," "The Macarena," that one where you charlie brown, "Cotton-Eyed Joe," and all other songs that have dances associated with them. These songs are horrible for any number of reasons. If you, your son, and your mother can all preform the steps its probably not cool. Worse than that is the fact that 99% of people on the dance floor dont know the steps. They continually clap and turn and try to follow the lead. Yet, every time the songs come on they run to the dance floor. I don't blame djs for playing these songs, they're just trying to get the energy up. But, if you are at a party, you shouldn't need a lame song to become energetic. Thats what the booze is for.

Do you enjoy line dancing. If so, I hate you

3 Comments:

Blogger Maulleigh said...

I would never do anything like that because I have a thing called 'dignity.' Even when I was a drunken bar slut whore, I wouldn't do things like that. I don't have to show people how cool I am by doing ironic shit like that. Fuck it!! Line dancing is for all the assholes in the world who went around and told everyone how 'crazy' and 'weird' they were.

9:08 PM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

Everybody clap your hands!!!!

8:10 AM  
Blogger The Rev said...

I am a DJ, and I have to play these songs. Occasionally, I have to go out on the floor and show them how to do them too.

At least it pays well.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html