Wednesday, May 24, 2006

5/25/06 - Male Dance Troupes


SO this is something that I meant to write on a while ago. Its not really time relevant at the exact moment, but I just remembered how much I hate it. You see, many NBA teams have started all male dance companies. It gets worse. These are not men who are skilled in dance. They are usually groups filled with fat guys who are there to make people laugh. Theres nothing funny about fat people dancing. Theres certainly nothing sexy about it. Even my home town Sixers have started a group, the Broad Street Beefcakes. I think you have weigh 250lbs+ to join.

Whats the point of these groups? Heterosexual men will not find them entertaining. Homosexual men will not find them entertaining. Heterosexual women will not find them attractive. I can't speak as an authority on homosexual women, but I assume they won't find them entertaining either. I doubt transvestites enjoy this. So who does that leave? No one. Atleast when they put out scantily clad women there is a segment of the audience that enjoys it.

Fat dancing men: I hate you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stiggy said...

There's a dance troupe here in Chicago, too, for the Bulls. I don't get it. I certainly don't find it attractive. Where are the hot young men for me to drool over while at the game? It's either fat men or women with no clothes on, neither of which I want to see.

9:01 PM  
Blogger The Rev said...

I was at the game where the Broad St Beefcakes danced for the first time. I laughed at them. But it is the type of thing that is only funny once. After that the joke is old. I'd rather see the babes.

However, being a fat man who can dance a little bit myself, I think stiggy is missing out by dismissing us. We may not look that good, and we certainly don't belong at an NBA game, but we got a lot of lovin to give.

Next time you see a fat man getting his groove on at a club, go dance with him. You might wind up liking it.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Marcie said...

I've never seen this but it sounds worthy of some daily hate.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

Boy, you got me there; I've never even heard of this! There was EVERYTHING funny about re-run's dance on ...oh shit, what was that show? With Rog?

5:55 PM  
Blogger The Rev said...

That would be "What's Happening", maulleigh.

HEY HEY HEY!

8:30 AM  
Blogger 76ers-Beef said...

I am a member of the Sixers Beefcakes and guess what....I hate you for hating us. We are true fans who may be a bit overweight, but make up for it in the areas of fan passion, lust for life, and having fun...something a haters blog knows nothing about! See you this season and remeber, the more you hate the more you are hated!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html