Monday, May 29, 2006

5/30/06 - Movie Food Combos


There are many complaints that I could list about movie theaters but most of them would be trite. We all dislike the rising prices. We all dislike the numerous commercials before the show starts. We all dislike sitting next to strangers.

No, my hate must be reserved for those details which truly nag at my soul. In this case, I am talking about those combo "meals" they push at the movie theater. They always hand you that little flyer with your tickets that lists like 3 combos. The worst part about these flyers is that they do not list the price. Rather than saying large soda and popcorn $10.99, they say "large soda and popcorn, save $3.00." This is a tricky maneuver that I don't appreciate.

As I have indicated before the Hater is careful with his finances. Most trips to the movies start with a trip to the local CVS. I have smuggled in all kinds of candy, snacks, and beverages in my pants. Heck, once I attached a straw to the pouch from a box of wine and put the pouch inside my shirt. (not that I encourage that type of behavior, especially for my underage readers). But, these movie theaters not only charge ridiculous prices, but they don't even make it clear what the price is until they have rung it up and it is too late. I feel bad for the sad saps buying their goodies at the concession stand.

Movie theaters offering over-priced combos behind veiled advertising: I hate you.

P.S. whats the new first date? it can't be dinner and a movie, that could easily run you $60+. Is it getting coffee? Bowling? There really is no other activity where you can spend time in place a public sitting close to each other without talking.

6 Comments:

Blogger bill said...

You could go to the library and rent the same book on tape. Cheap, no conservation, public setting.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

I love you. Yes. I love you. You are a pisser. Just ran across this blog and am now your No.#1 fan. I'm stepping out for that giant foam finger now.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

I love you. Yes. I love you. You are a pisser. Just ran across this blog and am now your No.#1 fan. I'm stepping out for that giant foam finger now.

11:49 AM  
Blogger bowling with no panties said...

I totally vote for bowling.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

Starbucks is the new first date. I hate going to a movie and dinner on a first date (well, blind date) because 9 times out of ten I know whether or no I like the guy within 30 seconds. :( If I don't like him (nor him me) we're both stuck for the rest of the evening!

3:02 PM  
Blogger anonymous said...

youre a good read to begin with, but knowing that you (a) admit to drinking a boxed wine (2) through a straw (d) in a movie theater.. well it's just a whole new level of cool to me.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html