Wednesday, May 03, 2006

5/3/06 - Bed Bath & Beyond


I have may gripes with Bed Bath and Beyond and have come to hate them and their coupons. Don't get me wrong, I love a good deal, but enough is enough. I receive atleast three of these coupons a week. Why don't they just make the entire store 20% off? Funny enough, you don't even have to have a coupon with you to get a discount. Just smile at the person working the register and tell them you forgot it at home. 9 times out of 10 they will give you the discount anyways

Annoyingly, these coupons cannot be used online. Why? Wouldn't it actually be better for them to offer the discounts online where overhead is lower? To my knowledge they are the only major retailer that does not offer discounts online.

Finally, the quality of the staff there is generally poor. I went to buy a wedding present (because I'm cheap and could get 20% off). So I go to the counter,with the registry with me so that it can be checked off. The guy rings up and goes to leave. You would think they would offer me a box for a wedding present. No? So I ask the guy for a box and he hands me two parts that don't even fit together. Finally, I find a woman (sorry to be sexist) that works there and she boxes it up for me and ties a pretty bow. I will admit I have no idea how to tie a bow.

BB&B: I hate you, please stop sending me coupons.

ps. I know its contradictory that I still shopped there. I promise to try and refrain from BB&B from now on. However, in this case I think its ok, because I was buying an item on a wedding registry and I don't choose where my friends register.

P.P.S. I had to repost this item. Sorry to lose your comment Bill.

4 Comments:

Blogger bill said...

Quite allright, by re-commenting I'm working less and therefore actually earning more for my work.

Justifying BB&B shopping is easy. Since you no doubt hate weddings, giving a gift from a store you hate is an acceptable way to show your anger.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Daily Hater said...

thanks.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Hey, I'm cheap like that too! I never forget my 20% off coupon if I have to buy a wedding gift at BB&B. The ones around here also wrap it for you (another cheapie bonus). As for shopping there for myself? Nope. I'm a Target girl.

10:29 AM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

You know what's worse. Linens "n "Things. Dammit I hate marriage.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html