Friday, May 05, 2006

5/6/06 - Bad Movie Remakes


Back to some quality hate.

So the few times I have been watching TV recently, I have been unable to avoid the numerous commercials for "Poseidon." Now, I didn't like the original, but some people did. But why must Hollywood continue to remake movies? Have they truly run out of ideas already? In all honesty, Hollywood has been around for less than a century, there must be a few story-lines left.



They even go so far as to remake bad movies. You would hope that they got them right the second time around; they usually don't.

Did you notice how 2005 was the year of the "small film." "Good Night and Good Luck," "Crash, " and "Brokeback Mountain" are all evidence that the public is interested in well thought, articulate movies.

Instead we are forced to view countless remakes. just to name a few:
- The Italian Job
- Planet of the Apes (I love the original)
- Manhunter
- flight of the phoenix
- Get Carter

Add your own to the list in the comments.

And to you studio executives who keep recycling the same garbage: I hate you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Maulleigh said...

I'm torn: I'm not really into old movies, so sometimes if there's a new version, I'm into that. When I watch old movies, I can't ignore the bad special effects or dated make up.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Don't forget what could possibly the worst remake of the worst original: Tim Allen's Shaggy Dog. I hope 300 people lost their jobs for that one. My fucking god, what were they thinking?

11:20 AM  
Blogger The Stevo in H-Town said...

I give 2005's "small movies" two-thumbz up...need more of 'em like that..

9:23 AM  
Blogger Laura Bora from Bufadora said...

The only thing I hate more than "updated" remakes of movies that should be left alone (HELLO, PINK PANTHER!) is when they attempt to make a movie out of an old TV Show -- Dukes of Hazard, Bewitched, etc.

HATE HATE HATE.

Now I read that your buddy Wilmer Valderrama is attempting to get a CHiPs movie made. Yes. Fes as Ponch.

8:30 AM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

Here's a few off the melon:
Ocean's Eleven, Night of the Living Dead, Mr.Deeds, The Longest Yard, King Kong

11:02 AM  
Blogger bill said...

The Bad News Bears. What the hell did they do to that movie?

1:58 PM  
Blogger MC said...

I loved the fact that the studios tried to blame Alfie's poor performance on election results rather than the fact that it was a horrible movie.

Right.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html