Wednesday, May 31, 2006

6/1/06 - Well Done Burgers

One of the safest items to order on any menu is the burger. No matter where you are, you can probably be assured that the burger will atleast be decent. Even a bad burger is tolerable.

Well, I recently visited an establishment where the burger must be cooked "medium". This is a realtively common phenomenon at places run by large corporations as they must avoid liability. I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is their definition of medium. It was more like ultra-well-done. It might as well have been a piece of cardboard.

It got me thinking. Who orders there meat well-done? I always hear the same excuse, these people are scared of germs. Well, when was the last time you heard of someone getting sick from eating a burger cooked medium. I never have and I hang out with a lot of people who eat burgers. In fact, I have on rare occassion ordered a burger rare. I'm still alive.

Well-done meat is disgusting. I think that people who prepare well-done meat no longer deserve to be called chefs. The word cook would even be a stretch for them. Well-done meat must be left cooking until not a drop of juice is left in it. It also must be left cooking until there is little to no taste left.

Eating is supposed to be an enjoyable experiece. Food should taste good. Well-done meat does not.

Well done-meat: I hate you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stiggy said...

I agree. I hate well-done meat. I was at a place that would only serve their burgers medium-well or well-done. I changed my order to a chicken sandwich when they wouldn't give me my burger cooked medium.

7:37 PM  
Blogger The Rev said...

Medium is good. Medium well is tolerable.

8:10 PM  
Blogger bill said...

Buddy of mine orders his steak well done with ketchup. We question his manhood.

5:30 AM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

How bout the look the waiter gives you when you order a well done fliet mignon' ? Not that I've ordered it but unfortunately I'm friends with a paticular freak who has.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

I always get it medium; anyone can cook a well-done burger! Look at me!! I should have my own cooking infomercial!!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, lots of ball-breakers on this particular blog, no?

On well-done meat, check out: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_/ai_n19307232

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html