Thursday, June 15, 2006

6/15/06- Its Bad, Its Bad, You Know It, Its Bad


Sorry for another fashion related post, but I believe that this is one that everyone can relate to. In the office today (notice, I see all of these fashion mistakes at work) I saw a guy wearing dress shoes and white sweat socks. This is quite possibly the worst look ever.



Unless your name is Michael Jackson, you should never try to make such a fashion statement.



Who doesn't have a pair of black socks? I honestly believe that pulling a dirty pair out of the laundry would be superior to wearing sweat socks. Just turn them inside out. Would you rather have slightly smelly feet covered by your shoes, or be confused for a man that most thinks is a child molester? (Please note that I said most people. As a law student, if the courts find him innocent he's innocent in my book. That, and how could a man who recorded Thriller ever do wrong?)



And if you don't have black socks, couldn't you pick up a pair on the way into the office. We only pass like 8 trillion places between the train and the office. I'm pretty sure socks won't break the bank, then again I got all of mine at Costco cause I'm a cheap bastard.



(On a cheap clothing side note: Did you know that at Target boys XL polo shirts are the same size and the exact same shirt as men's medium, yet there is a $10 price difference between the two? If you want to buy yours in the boys section, you better move quickly while you're there, you don't want to be confused for Michael Jackson, see I knew I could bring my circle of logic around).



Guys wearing white socks and black dress shoes: I hate you.

12 Comments:

Blogger El Padrino said...

You just can't wear white socks with dress shoes. Just can't.
Hate on.

6:51 PM  
Blogger LeeB said...

What's even worse is socks w/sandals.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

You brought to mind the almighty highwaters with outdated shoes, my personal fave.

6:37 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

cue steve with "i'm wearing white socks with sandals today.."

7:36 AM  
Blogger Sof said...

Can't agree more with today's post. BTW, make sure your belt matches your shoes too, or is at least close. No black belts with brown shoes or vice-versa. It's really quite simple. If you need help, see the nearest homo.

8:35 AM  
Blogger The Rev said...

No, I am wearing black socks today with black shoes.

I learned that lesson the hard way. I was guilty of that in my past.

I was so fashion-challenged in my past.

8:55 AM  
Blogger bowling with no panties said...

WHITE SOCKS are inappropriate with ANY SHOE other than athletic shoes UNLESS you are a girl under the age of 5 and there's lace at the cuff and you're wearing patent leather mary janes.

11:44 AM  
Blogger jali said...

I recently saw dress socks with sneakers - just as bad.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Crassius Maximus said...

Yeah, when I was coming up, Mike was the man. I had a jerry curl, leather jacket and pants and wore the white socks. Let's just say some major change has occurred in both camps.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html