Thursday, June 22, 2006

6/22/06- Steam Grates



Occassionally as I walk around the city I am lucky enough to have a random blast of smelly hot air hit me in the face.

Who decided to put these in the middle of sidewalks? Why couldn't they just be in the middle of the street where the steam would hit nothing but the bottom of the cars and perhaps a few unsuspecting motorcyclists. My least favorite location for these grates is corners. Often I find myself waiting for a light to change so I can cross the street and all the sudden, WHAM! I get hit with a steam bath.

The worst part about this steam is the wierd smell. If it was just normal steam I wouldn't mind. Hell, some people pay to get sit in a steam. This steam however is more of a combination of heat and garbage. Theres nothing like walking down the street half asleep on your way into work in the morning and getting a waft of trash in your face.

Steam grates: I hate you.

P.S. for the original of the photo please visit Alan De Smet's webpage.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Rev said...

If a steam grate blows up a hot woman's dress and lifts it up, would you hate it then?

10:45 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

no, then you would hit it.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Alan De Smet said...

The above image of a steaming grate is copyright 2003 by Alan De Smet and is used without permission. It was pinched from this web page.

While I appreciate your making a copy of my image and not using my bandwidth, I'd still appreciate at the very least credit for it.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Daily Hater said...

not a problem. sorry alan, no offense intended. you've been credited in the post and if you would like it removed, please let me know.

7:09 PM  
Blogger anonymous said...

copyright hatin'.. boom pow surprise.

my man tracked that down within mere moments!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html