Monday, June 26, 2006

6/26/06 - Celeb of the Week: Kathy Griffin


Many blogs like to write about their favorite comedians. I will write about the worst. Perhaps you are familiar with her; her name is Kathy Griffin. There are two main attributes of Kathy that I truly hate:
1. her unfunny comic routine
2. her botched face lift.

I will examine each in order. Her "reality" tv show on Bravo is called "My Life on the D-List." There is a reason why she is on the D-List. She is a comedian and she is not funny. Were she to be even remotely funny she would probably be promoted to the B-List. To date Kathy has had 2 distinct and equally annoying types of comedy. Years ago she played the annoying spunky red head. Today she plays the sarcastic b*tch. Neither makes her appealing. While I usually enjoy observing self-deprication hers appears fake. Its like she knows that people find self-deprication funny but she isn't really unhappy with her life. Perhaps thats why so many of her jokes fall flat on their face.

How much would you pay to see Kathy Griffin at a comedy club? $5? I wouldn't pay a cent and I used to essentially live at a comedy club. (For any readers in the DC area I hope you visit the DC Improv often, the acts they bring through are usually pretty good)

On to Kathy's face lift. Who performed this? Dr. Frankenstein? Her cheeks look ridiculous. Am I supposed to believe that is her natural face? Who wants to look at someone who is completely fake? She might as well were a brownbag over head. In fact, more men would probably find her attractive if she was to do so.

Kathy Griffin: I hate you.

10 Comments:

Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

I saw her show yesterday. I want to like her, I really do. Even if after the surgery she still looks like a man. Good god, if the gays love her so much why isn't she an A-lister?

6:41 AM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

Didn't see the show, rarely pay attention to her, but now that you mention it I hate her too.

7:38 AM  
Blogger The Stevo in H-Town said...

I don't care 'bout'er enuff ta hate'er...

10:00 AM  
Blogger The Rev said...

But she makes money at those shows. People pay money to see her. And in stand up comedy, what really matters is asses in the seats!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Vice said...

I'm glad somebody finally said it. Kathy Griffin is atrocious.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Stiggy said...

I can't even stand the sound of her voice. Ugh!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Miss Michele said...

love kathy. hilarious funny and expert at making fun of the celeb culture. give her a whirl...i think you'll get past the annoying voice. i just hope that you won't sat that your favorite comic is larry the cable guy.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Superstar said...

Hater: I am an occational visitor of what you have to say..I can stay silent NO MORE!!! I am also adding you to my links. YOu win!

I think Kathy is a doll. NO Iam not GAY. But I find her humor sarcastic and witty. While I don't care for some of her "attitudes" I think she is on to something. Have you seen her house on her show? I mean, she paid $20K for her couch that her dog turned into a chew toy. SO, her life on the "d" list isn't so "d" after all. (Bravo "my life on the "d" list TUESDAY NIGHTS AT 9PM) SHHHH

OK, about her face lift...did you know what really happened?? Aside from the fact that it was/is a bad job, she almost DIED from it.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html