Tuesday, June 27, 2006

6/27/06 - Ian Thomsen

I wanted to write about Ian Thomsen yesterday but he does not qualify as a celebrity. For those of you not into basketball, I'm sorry you probably won't like this post. Whatever, I hate you all anyways.

According to his biography Ian is is one of SI's top basketball scribes. Along with penning the Inside the NBA column for SI, Thomsen is a frequent contributor to SI.com. And is absolutely horrid. I encourage you to look at his mock draft He has Morrison going 8. Going 8?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Is he insane. NO way he falls past four even if someone has to trade up to get him there.

The NBA draft is one of my favorite times of years. I love reading the rumors and trying to come up with my own trades. For a couple weeks every rumor I make up is just as good as the ones made up in the paper. Have you ever noticed that draft rumors never come true? The trades always come out of left field.

Anyways, writers like Thomson ruin it for me. Their crap isn't even believable.
Ian Thomson: I hate you.

PS. for anyone who cares, I predict the draft to go as follows (trades will happen rendering this inaccurate)
1.TOR-Bargani, 2.CHI-Aldrigde, 3.CHA-Roy, 4. POR-Morrison, 5. ATL-S.Williams, 6. MIN-Gay, 7. BOS-Thomas, 8. HOU-Foye, 9. GS-Simmons, 10. SEA-O'Bryant, 11.ORL- Brewer, 12. NO-Carney 13. PHI-M. Williams, 14. Utah- Armstrong

I feel pretty good about most of these picks except Utah. For some reason I can't remember reading much about them except for the fact that they liked Sene. I doubt they will draft Sene and Armstrong will probably be the best big man on the board left. Also, look for Phoenix (if they keep their current picks) to grab Quincy Douby. He would be an unbelieveable fit on that team.

And my draft rumor that I am making up today that will not come true, but I wish it would. Dalembert + Korver + 13th Pick for Marion + 27th pick. Then Iverson in a sign and trade for Harrington. Leaves a sixers starting lined up of drafted PG, Igoudala, Harrington, Marion, Hunter with CWebb coming off the bench so he can regulate his minutes.

Sorry for the sports post. I know there are a billion blogs writing them. Back to regular hate tomw.

16 Comments:

Blogger Crassius Maximus said...

Utah also like a white dude from the Ukraine. Shocking.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Crassius Maximus said...

likes!!! Dammitt!!!

6:40 AM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

aint nothign wrong with a sports post hater

i love doby to pheonix--and after watching about 70% of his games I must say he is one hell of a scorer.

I don't know if you saw it but I ran a mock draft in may...if you want check it out...if not here are my top ten
Tor: Aldridge
Chi: Bargani
Cats: Tyrus
Por: Morrison
Hawks: Roy
Wolves: Gay
Celts: O'Bryant
Hou: Marcus Williams
GS: Shelden W.....
Sea: Cedric Simmons

Honorable picks: Redick to OrL
Doby to Hornets (Scott loves him)
Lowry to NY, Ager to Phoe
sorry for the long post

7:16 AM  
Blogger jali said...

I'll pick everything El Padrino picked since you OBVIOUSLY like him better (yes I'm bitter).


Hey - Isaiah has 1 year to turn the K-nickies around. What do you think of his chances?

9:03 AM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

Slim
But Dolan will keep him around anyway...as long as he wins one more than 23 he'll stay...
I hope Isiah proves me wrong.

9:30 AM  
Blogger The Rev said...

I'm a fellow Sixers fan. So you don't bother me.

Getting Marion and Harrington in this lineup wouldn't be too bad. But I just know that whomever gets Iverson will be in the finals next year. It's our curse.

9:53 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

why is marion the toast of trade rumors all of a sudden? he has 2 years left on his contract (i believe). is Diaw's contract up after this year? this would make sense.. but dumping marion right now when this is clearly phoenix's window.. it just seems odd. its not Iverson time yet (giving up cause it aint ever gonna work)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

I want to contribute to this dammit. Can you talk about shoes next?

11:03 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

i have purple suede basketball shoes.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

iamunstoppable - i love you. Thanks, at least I feel a part of.

11:58 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

i also had yellow ones in j-high.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Daily Hater said...

1. my favoirte sneakers are orange. (adidas gazelles, the sweetest shoes ever made).

2. marion is on the block because he makes max money. With nash, amare, and a couple contracts coming up next season (Barbosa and Diaw I think) can't afford to keep them all. Plus, they currently dont have the room to resign Timmy T.

3. Steve, I know it sucks to get rid of Iverson, but its time for a change. I didn't feel that way unti lI was at fan appreciation night and got the big F you from him.

4. Anthony I like your draft but I think Foye is definetly a top 10 pick.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html