Thursday, July 06, 2006

07/06 - Goofy Cell Phone Rings

Ever out with a friend, enjoying a fine beverage, when all of the sudden la coocaracha or some equally bad song starts ringing out? Or even worse some strange sound effect like a cow mooing invades your conversation?

Seriously, what kindof person chooses to make this his or her ring? (Side note: my cell phone has been on vibrate for the past 5 years. I don't even know what ring it is set to. I choose to keep my phone this way because I am better than you and your corny ring).

These "rings" are not entertaining and they are not cute. No one cares if you have the new Fifty Cent song blaring out of your pocket. If I want to hear music I will put on headphones or turn on the radio. Plus, don't you have to pay for these ringtones? The whole market seems ridiculous.

Heres an absurd site offered by MTV. For only a $1.99 your phone can play the Super Mario Brothers Theme Song. I tell you what, save your money and watch this video:

I guarentee it will bring a larger smile to your face than any ring tone.

People with goofy cell phone rings: I hate you.

15 Comments:

Blogger Stiggy said...

I loved the video. It brought back memories of my childhood, sitting for hours, days even, on end trying to beat all the levels of that damn game only to be disappointed by the crappy ending.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

Alright -- guilty!! Learned my lesson from being in a corporate meeting and Shakira went off. I too leave it on vibrate now. Grrrr...

5:27 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

come on now, i see no fault with super mario! shakira is another story altogether though (sorry! hah).

what i hate is that beyond people having some terrible hiphop song.. is when the song is BLARING and you cant even distinguish what the song is.. all you hear is loudness and static and you cant even make out a tune or melody.. thats worse than having the crappy ring in the first place.

6:49 AM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

Nokia started it all. To hell with them.

9:03 AM  
Blogger bowling with no panties said...

I don't even OWN a cell phone.

But if I did, I would want Darth Vader's theme to screech loudly intimidating all within a mile radius with my evil imperialism.

9:49 AM  
Blogger The Rev said...

You're dealing with the guy who has the Johnny Carson theme on his cell phone. And I make no apologies for it.

11:42 AM  
Blogger The Rev said...

Loved the video.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

Video = Sheer.Genius

3:15 PM  
Blogger Superstar said...

So how about "Enjoy the music while your party is reached?" LOL ;p)

YOu have it on vibrate for many other reasons...sicko! ;o) HA Busted

3:18 PM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

I got mine on vibrate all the time too; I don't understand why there's anything else.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Anomie-Atlanta said...

One of our intern candidates cellphone started playing "Wanksta" in the middle of his interview. Nice!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html