Wednesday, July 26, 2006

7/26 - NO! I DON'T DRINK!


posting this hate early, as I will be unable to post on the 26th. wish me luck, i need it.

Today's hate goes to a special person at the bar who I just can't stand. This person will stand there miserable without a drink in his/her hand. Often times a friend [can I say friend, I doubt these people really have friends, the only ones I have encountered have been acquaintances] will approach and say, "why don't you have a drink?" Rather than saying "no thank you" or smiling and saying "not right now thanks", this person launches into a monologue about how he/she does not drink. "Oh no! I don't drink! I never have any alcohol! Blah, blah, blah."

Listen buddy, we don't care if you don't want to drink. Honestly it makes no difference to me. In fact, since I live in the suburbs there are often nights that I go out and have nothing more than a soda. I don't try and insist that you have to drink to have a good time. My problem arises out of the fact that these individuals must be so damn sanctimonious (have I ever mentioned that sanctimonious is one of my favorite words? I'm surprised I haven't used it on the site yet. I'll also need to find a way to work defenestrate into a post). There's nothing special about that you're not drinking and there's certainly no reason to try and make others feel bad about drinking.

I have been at a bar with both mormons, muslims, and amish people all of whom never drink. Yet not a single one of them has felt the needed to act superior to me. They're just along for the ride and don't try and make a big deal about not drinking. That's why I have a theory about our self-righteous complainer. He needs attention. He knows by acting like a fool that he will get attention, even if it is negative. This need to be in the limelight is pathetic.

Dude lecturing me on why he doesn't drink: I hate you.

11 Comments:

Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

OMG so up my alley. I was sober as you know for 13 years up until this glorious March. I would never ever ever go out of my way to lecture someone. Only my closest friends knew I was sober then. I always had ginger ale in my hands but also love to shoot pool and karaoke -- I don't wanna hear shit on that either. I see these people all the time.

1:26 PM  
Blogger The Rev said...

Kinda like a vegetarian hanging out at a pig roast. It just ain't right.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

Ha ha ha rev, stop!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Dirty Birdie said...

What a fucktard. Drink, don't drink, I don't care, just don't stand/sit/hover there drinkless waiting for someone to offer you a drink so you can tell why you aren't drinking.

4:16 PM  
Blogger staticwarp said...

i know! i hate that guy.

but i love the word "conjecture".

conjecture: i love you.

4:21 PM  
Blogger The Stevo in H-Town said...

The asshole's prob'ly thinkin' that if he's sober inna beer joint that he'll "stand out" and impress some lame-ass chick....Bad game-plan:

Wimmin' come into a bar HOPIN' ta find someone they can "fix"...and.."ladies love outlaws"...

...If you don't offer a wummin sumpthin' they can "fix"...you ain't gotta prayer, which, btw, wuz prob'ly the same result this dickwad got in his church...

Drinkin' gits a bad rap...There's just az many sorry mutherfuckers sober az there are those that drink, and just az many good people that drink az well az those that don't..

I agree, Hater...Hitda Brix, ya Sanctimonious piecea shit...Gimme another beer, Maggie.......

10:06 PM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

i agree

you dont drink
i dont care

now we're even

tender !! nother jack and coke here and a shirley temple for my new friend

6:45 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

come on you guys, lets have a good time without drinking... come to the church BBQ with me!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Bobman said...

Absolutely agreed. This goes in with another type or person, the "I don't own a TV" crowd. Yeah, well, I do, shitbag, and I watch it in all it's mind-numbing greatness. Get off your high horse.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html