Monday, July 31, 2006

7/31 - Celeb of the Week: David Hasselhoff


I'm going to do it. I'm going to go ahead and hassle the hoff. Its not an easy thing for me to do. He had popular tv shows at two points in my life. As a child, Knight Rider was one of my favorite shows. In fact, I remember lying in bed pretending my bed was KITT before falling asleep. Then, as an adolescent who was discovering the female form David appeared on Bay Watch.

If that had been the end of his career, I would do nothing but admire him.

But then, recently, he has attempted some kindof comeback. It started with what seemed like a few too many "random" sightings on tv. He always seemed to be in the crowd. And then it hit, "America's Got Talent" (this show is a steaming pile of sh*t, which means something because I usually love reality tv). He's not funny, he's not engaging, he basically just trades on the fact that he's david hasselhoff. In fact I have seem him wear a shirt that says "Don't Hasel the Hoff." Total douchebag manuver. On one episode of America Lacks Talent, he introduced Donald Trump as the only man who can "hassle the hoff." It all just comes across as so cheesy and lame.

I also recently read in the news that David Hasselhoff was barred from boarding a flight to Los Angeles because he showed up too drunk at London's Heathrow airport, according to reports.

A man who has fallen from greatness yet still tries to grab the limelight cannot be respected by me. Add in various commentary about his musical career in Germanyand you realize why I hate.

David Hasselhoff: I hate you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Superstar said...

I did a post a few weeks ago that he is gay...I swear the man has come out of the closet and is GAY!!! I have proof on the "america's got talent" show (debue) he sat back watching a MALE stripper(55+) w/ his glow stick and oiled up bod...perform...if that is what you can call it...
Here...HERE!!! we hate him...

11:12 PM  
Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

comedy gold

6:08 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

i especially like during the NBA finals.. miami fans chanted "da-vid hassel-hoff" everytime Dirk Nowitski (Dallas) was shooting free throws.

Dirk had said that he sings 'Hoff songs when shooting to calm himself or something. so Miami fans ran with it.. funny stuff.

7:45 AM  
Blogger The Rev said...

You have to admit that the Hooked on a Feeling video is pure comedic gold!

10:20 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

he's GAY?! well isnt that reason enough to hate him then?

hurry, tie him to my truck and i'll make a trip around the block!

12:05 PM  
Blogger jali said...

I hate people who call themselves "The (abbreviation of name). The Hoff - Yuck!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html