Tuesday, August 08, 2006

8/8 - Double Dose Tuesday

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I was having too much fun and didn't have any energy left to post thanks to a friend getting a completely comped weekend at the Borgata. Lets just say you haven't lived until you have poured out some Johnny Walker Blue for your hommies no longer with us.

First, belated celebrity hate:

And on double dose tueday, you get a double dose of celeb hate: Pam Anderson and Kid Rock. I don't have a ton to say about them except to questin who cares about their wedding. The wierdest thing I read is that they are having like 4 weddings so that everyone they know can attend. Ummm, don't you guys have some loot? Couldn't you fly the entire state of Arkansas, or where ever white trash resides, to your wedding? Unless this wedding creates another home video of Pam, it really doesn't belong in the news. (honestly, without that Pam and Tommy video, would the internet have taken off? Pam was paris hilton before paris even knew what night vision was)

Pam and Kid: I hate you.


For your second dose, lets talk about the advertisements for free checking. Banks are still pushing this like its some kindof special deal. When was the last time that checking wasn't free? I've had a checking account since I turned 16 and never once did I pay for checks, not even when I only had like $100 with the bank. And are checks even relevant anymore? I write exactly 2 a year, for tuition and thats it. Everything else I pay online, by creditcard or cash. Checks really are a thing from the past. Seinfeld once did a bit where he compared checks to a note from your mommy stating the you promise you have the money and will pay it in the future. I probably didn't do a good job describing the joke, oh well.

free checking ads: I hate you.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bobman said...

Thanks for not saying "Two for Tuesday." That bit got old in 1968, and everyone who uses it now deserves a swift kick.

Hate on.

5:35 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

subway had a 2 for tuesday deal. then they did away with it. i was (am) sad.

6:08 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

and for the record, i think this should be Double Douche Tuesday.

8:37 AM  
Blogger The Rev said...

I like Double Douche Tuesday as well.

You know my feelings on the checks.

9:01 AM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

double douche
whoa

kid rock and pam better make a tape and release it otherwise they are nothing to nobody, which is where they came from

and as far as free checking goes...well: nothing in life is free and everybody knows it

9:41 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

one of my friends lives across the street from kid rock's mother's house. it's large. she comes over to buy vegetables/corn when they sell it. (his grandpa lives with them and has a massive garden, so thats his little business)

anyway.. your lives are now complete.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Is there anything more annoying then when you run into the grocery store to grab something real quick then get in the 15 items or fewer lane behind the lady with at least 50 items and then writes a check for it. People who still write checks in situations like this just need to cease to exist.

10:50 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

my Open Hunting Season on check writers would solve this problem.

Vote Unstoppable in '08.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.adquity.com

Classifieds for our community. Buy, sell, trade, date, events... post anything. Adquity Classifieds.

http://www.adquity.com

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

google28b5842b7975978f.html